Monday, September 21, 2009

We're in Kenya

Jambo!

Well - after a 3+ hour flight to MN and then 8 hours to Amsterdam and then 8+ in to Nairobi - we have arrived!! We sailed through customs to see Jeff and Christine waving at us "from the other side." God is faithful and so good! We have met some amazing people along the way - including a doctor who worked in Kenya at Tenwek.

Tonight we are staying at Gracia House in Nairobi and tomorrow morning head out to the Rift Valley to see Brianna and Chris then to Nakuru. Kenya 8445 - I will check out Lakeview AGC tomorrow and post pictures asap.

I think we will all sleep well tonight - and if Amanda doesn't, she gets a new roommie tomorrow :) She slept a lot of the way over here.

Corky is officially East of the Mississippi and he's doing well. We have pictures to prove it - and will post them later.

Paula and LeRoy met up with Felix, a new friend and delivered a package to him from the White's.

Charma is excited about the adventure and what God is preparing for her to do next. Let me just say, I am thrilled to have a hair dresser travelling with me - lol - Actually - I am thrilled to have this incredible group of people to travel with. We are having a good time so far - the game is going well. (For those of you that understand the Game of Minutes....)

Special shout out to Richard and Elizabeth Harney for getting us to the airport this morning. Dan, thank you for seeing us off early as well - and for getting the ball rolling for us on this entire trip! We appreciate you all.

And now - extra special shouts to my boys - I love you and miss you already. Andrew - my last American meal was McDonald's and I had my picture taken with Ronald McDonald in Amsterdam, just for you. Paul, the cards are such a blessing! We are using them as a group. Mark - you made me cry - thanks for the letter. Tim, I so appreicate your prayer. Just wish you were all here with us.

Will write again soon! Love to you all. Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Thank you for the update! Give Amanda a great big hug from all of us. Tell her that Dahlia is telling everyone she sees that her Auntie Amanda is in "Akica" and she gets to see lions, ROAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend...gave Andrew a big "substitute Mama" hug from last night at youth group. As you can imagine, he was thrilled. :> Poor guy! :> Looking forward to your updates. Love you!

    ReplyDelete