Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jet Lag - is

So, in only 2 1/2 weeks, we leave for Kenya. My passport is in hand, ready for a stamp, I have all but one of my shots taken care of and the other scheduled and I have my note to pick up Tillamoook Cheddar Cheese and bring to Kenya with me. It's almost time.

I have been doing all kinds of research on how to best prevent jet lag so I can make the most of my trip. The consensus is to drink plenty of water - and then drink some more, be well rested before I leave, some kind of "pill" to help me sleep all afternoon on Sunday and make the time change in the air. I think I might have a plan.

One person suggested I just stay home, another has suggested that I simply watch the movie, "Out of Africa" before I leave and yet others have offered their advice on what helps them sleep while flying across time zones. There is even a website program devoted to creating a personal plan for you of what to eat the days prior to departure, when to sleep and when to exercise - all intended to cut your jet lag time in half. Amazing what you can find on the internet.

All of this to say - I have a plan, and I will let you know how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment